The purpose of the White House Water Summit is to raise awareness of priority water issues and potential solutions in the United States, and to catalyze ideas and actions to help build a sustainable and secure water future. Sustainable Water is committing to deploy $500 million in capital to develop 50 eco-engineered decentralized water reclamation and reuse systems across governmental, institutional, and commercial market sectors. This commitment is anticipated to save 7.5 billion gallons of potable water annually in the next 10 years.
Click here to Apply Now
Modeled after the WaterHub at Emory University, this commitment provides an immediate response to national water stresses, advances research related to distributed water management solutions and provides a platform for community outreach.
For each chosen facility, Sustainable Water will develop a commercial-scale wastewater reclamation system through a performance-based financing approach. Each system will be custom designed to meet unique aesthetic, flow, and process treatment requirements for each site. Institutions or companies selected to participate will receive turn-key project development and full service facility operations at zero upfront capital expense.
Project design will be driven by the following goals:
- Maximizing recycled water use on-site;
- Minimizing wastewater discharge;
- De-risking utility operations;
- Improving the built and natural watershed;
- Long-term cost savings for facility operations;
- Alleviating cost burdens on municipal, state and federal governments; and,
- Advancing research & development for water reuse.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Sustainable Water is seeking applicants from various industries to ensure a diverse array of market sector representation under this initiative. Commercial-scale projects (greater than 100,000 gallons per day) will be selected for participation. 50 projects will be chosen from various regions throughout the United States (Northeast, Midwest, South, and West), and assessed based on each institution’s commitment to a sustainable water future. Sustainable Water is searching for applicants from the following sectors:
ASSESSMENT CONSIDERATION CRITERIA
- Commercial-scale projects (greater than 100,000 GPD)
- A demonstrated commitment to green building practices
- A demonstrated commitment to sustainable water management
- Willingness to collaborate with other facilities, institutions & organizations
- Willingness to serve as a regional model facility
- Existing research capabilities or willingness to perform future research
- Fill out the application form (Below)
- An interview call will be scheduled with the nominating contact
- A water balance & preliminary feasibility will be performed at no cost