The ReCip Reciprocating Wetland is the original tidal wetland system. It mimics and accelerates natural tidal processes to quickly and efficiently treat wastewater. ReCip wetlands are high-performance and low-maintenance. The process involves pairs of artificial wetland cells which are alternately filled and drained to mimic tidal events. Utilizing microbial fixed-film ecosystems to break down waste in water, the repeated filling and draining enhances aerobic and anoxic treatment processes, providing energy-efficient passive aeration and simultaneous nitrification and denitrification. ReCip cells, which act as interior and exterior landscaping and design features, provide clean recycled water for non-potable reuse. Additional benefits to end-users include:
- Enhanced system reliability
- Guaranteed water availability and quality
- Flexible, modern design integrates into any building or landscape
- Ecologically-based system is intrinsically sustainable
- Economical, energy efficient and simple to operate
For more information on ReCip, click here.